A Surprise for sure, but a welcome one.
Update 6 - Rewrite
Hello hello, out of no-where, comes this weird little update. This version is an almost complete rewrite of the Hole Punch code. For the most part, things should be about the same, but this is a public update to help find bugs with the new system.
Some small changes:
- Big performance boost. Let me know if you're still having performance issues.
- You dash slower, but go much faster when cutting through something.
- One level deleted and replaced with a new 1000x cooler level. Some other small level tweaks
- Harder to get pushed into the floor by falling things, though still not impossible =(
- You can now jump out of a dash, which can make for some cool, matrix-style dodges.
- Fixed the bug where cutting something could cause the floor to disappear. FINALLY, FINALLY, FINALLY!!!
So why the update? The Hole Punch code was made over a year ago in less than a week. It was not good code, and could not be extended to do the cool things I wanted it to do. Now it can do cool things. Hooray, futureproof.
If you have any issues (and particularly if something worked before, but not now), please comment below!