Flip v0.2 Update
Flip v0.2 is here!
With it comes heaps of much needed bug fixes, new graphical do-hickies and two new gamemodes. For a full changelist, see below.
- New downloads for web and linux. Users of the web (everyone) rejoice!
- Flipping is now twice as great. A flip used to take half a second to perform, but now, it takes less than half that time (0.15s). You can also look cooler in the process, with a neat flipping effect.
- UI got a boost, and now fancy animations play in the end of level menu and level selection menu. You can now commemorate the pain, with a persistent death counter. Data storage has been overhauled, and is now handled properly. With this, data won't transfer from the old version to the new version, sorry...
- Huge level fixes, in particular, an important part of the level is no longer in a 'kill zone'. Oops. There are now more coins, and for the first time ever, all the collectables are actually possible (hooray). There are also some nice animations at the checkpoints, just to make it obvious what's happening.
- Two new gamemodes; Double Time and Perfect Run. In double time, the game runs twice as fast. It is insane. The music somehow still sounds decent, even when running twice as fast. In perfect run, you will need to navigate the non-linear level in a specific way to collect up to twenty coins in a single run. Some of the maneuvers are tight, so good luck! Both of these new gamemodes are available after completing the level.
- Heaps of minor bug fixes! Levels are now less likely to desyncronise with the music.
Where is the new level though? Well, it's under construction. It was meant to come with this update, but the level is taking an incredibly long time to create (48 solid hours and still less than 30 seconds into the level). It should be available with the next update.
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.